Welcome to Caroline Williams Counselling, with over 20 years experience within the mental health field, I provide professional specialist counselling primarily via Zoom which in our changing and increasingly working remotely world is so crucial and powerful. I also run and operate at The Greenhill Clinic at 253 Pakuranga Road Auckland when Covid restrictions provide to do this safely and consistently.
My passion around providing treatment which is comprehensive, professional and meets the growing needs of our modern society has resulted in creating a counselling practice which links in with other highly experienced professionals to help you on a journey which can include
- Counselling and psychotherapy exploring in the moment tools while understanding the deeper historical influences on our present issues and struggles.
- Dietitian, Naturopath and Nutritionist referral supporting any medical or health issues.
- ADHD/ ADD pathway from screening to full diagnosis and medication with team of specialist therapists. psychologists and psychiatrist’s. I facilitate the process to ensure you fully supported throughout the entire process and then ongoing support to implement tools and changes specific to neurodiversity.
- Osteopath, experienced physio and personal trainer to support your physical wellness.
Caroline Williams offers a variety of session arrangements
- Phone and Zoom sessions available.
- Physical sessions are run from The Greenhill Clinic; located in Pakuranga, Auckland
Tuesday 11:00 am – 8:00 pm
Wednesday 8:00 am – 3:00 pm
Thursday 11:00 am – 8:00 pm
Friday 8:00 am – 3:00 pm
Counselling – How It Works
- While people often wonder what to expect from counselling with me the outline below provides some guidelines.
- Counselling is often a longer term treatment that focuses on gaining insight into more chronic physical, mental, social and emotional problems which are repeatedly impacting your everyday life.
- I work with theoretical understanding that what happens when we are infants, children, adolescents, and young adults has a long-term impact on: The way we see the world, the types of relationships we have, the way we feel about ourselves, the world and others. As a way of coping with these experiences people develop ‘psychological defences’ which may take the form of; dysfunctional relationships, high levels of anxiety, isolation, or any number of substance/ behavioral addictions which can keep people trapped in an unhealthy cycle.
- Counselling can also be aimed at more specific or crisis events. These can include life changes, crisis, conflict, relationship problems, the loss of a loved one, anxiety and depression.
- Caroline is proactive around providing “here and now” solutions while understanding the historic patterns which have lead to specific issues. This approach is aimed at addressing the underlying issues rather than quick temporary fixes.
What To Expect:
Weekly sessions are initially recommended which are then spaced out to fortnightly. This approach supports you in creating longer term foundations and change while have the support to work through obstacles as they arise.
I believe that our modern society is changing rapidly and this is often apparent in the varied continuum of sexuality, traditional and non-traditional definitions of relationship. My counselling approach is inclusive of these and I actively encourage non judgmental exploration and solutions.
My work is based on “talk therapy” which is combined with practical tools that give you the ability to make long term changes. You will learn how to change or accept your thoughts, feelings, behaviours and in turn develop more effective positive life strategies.
Counselling can often be short term if the problems are situation specific or focused on developing strategies and solutions to issues of communication, managing stress or grief. Long term therapy is more suitable if the issues have been present for long periods of time and are interfering with present day living. This may include anxiety, depression, PTSD , addictions or trauma.
Counselling is about working together to find out the blocks and repeating cycles but also create the changes you want. I believe that knowledge is important and strive to provide a place where you feel understood but more importantly you understand therapy in clear and meaningful ways
Family or couples therapy is encouraged to support you in developing the on going networks and changes that you seek.