Often addiction/substance abuse is a private hell, whereby you slowly destroy relationships, self esteem, interests, health, sleep and general wellbeing.
If you have sought help before but struggled, or if this is the first time you have considered taking the steps to regain your life, then Caroline is the right person to help you.
You may have a loved one who is struggling with addiction/substance abuse and feel stuck in a dead end unsure how to cope or get support. That help to break out of the cycle is possible with Caroline.
Caroline has worked for over 10 years in both public and private clinics ,with individuals and families who have been impacted by substance use/abuse. Often individuals and their families struggle for years before seeking professional help, due to feeling unsure of what to do and how to make long term changes.
While in-patient rehabilitation is one option, many people are fully able to continue functioning in their everyday lives while working an individual out-patient treatment plan with Caroline – Especially one which encompasses the whole person, not just the substance use. This approach digs deeper into the underlying causes and conditions of the entire addictive disease process. This allows for identification of underlying conditions (such as anxiety, depression, trauma) that have been overlooked by previous treatment centres who may have focused primarily on intervention and/or detox. With Caroline, treatment is focused on seeking the root cause by:
- Working alongside you to identify the triggers, develop coping tools and create a long term plan so you can keep on track
- Identifying and resolving the underlying causes, including abuse, trauma, anxiety or depression issues
- Working with people who are concerned or impacted by a loved ones addiction/substance abuse. This can include full intervention to encourage entry into treatment or support through the devastation of addiction/substance abuse
- Addressing the core aspects of mind, body, feelings, spirit, and social wellness
- Employing individual out-patient treatment
- Incorporating family support and couples therapy so you can heal relationships
- Reducing use to full abstinence
- Liaising with other health professionals from detox, 12 step groups, and GP’s, mental health teams, to WINZ and the like.